Monday, January 22, 2007

TAXES

AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!
I've started working on our taxes since I just got Henry's W-2 (yet to get mine). I would pay someone else to do them for me but the last time I did that, they seemed almost as clueless about our mess as I was, plus I can use and file for free with a couple different places online because Henry's military. The problem is when Henry signed up for the Army we were living in Indiana but it wasn't our permanent residence because we were in college. Well when you enlist they set whatever state you sign up in as your home state. It wasn't that big of a problem before because we were using Pennsylvania as our permanent residence and Indiana and PA have a "reciprocal agreement" so the taxes taken out by Indiana were just sent to PA and we wouldn't owe anything. But now that we have been living in NC for sometime and my job is here and they don't have the "reciprocal agreement" with IN, it looks like we'll have to pay a bunch to NC. But I haven't entered any of my stuff yet so maybe it will change.

No comments: