Friday, October 10, 2008

DC trip Day 1


What a day! Got in about 3pm and after checking in to our hotel, headed downtown. I really did not want to have the stress of driving but Henry wanted to. So we made it down there in one piece and since we hadn't eaten since 9am, went to eat at Hard Rock Cafe. Very yummy and filling! Didn't completely finish mine and still did not eat any "supper". Then had our first incident.....a parking ticket, darn it. So we moved to a different place and headed to the International Spy Museum that was going to be closing soon so could only purchase tickets for tomorrow. This is where the second incident occurs. Both needed to use the restroom so we went in, and I had my sunglasses hanging on my shirt, bent over to flush and there goes the glasses. I thought there is no way they are going to be able to fit and reach to grab them out and touch them and they're gone! Thank goodness even though they were Fossil glasses, I only paid $10 for them and needed new ones (which I purchased in the Spy Museum gift shop for $12). So it's a great story to laugh about. Third incident came when driving home and Henry thought he could make it through a yellow light and turns out they do the red light photos. So we have a $25 parking ticket, flushed sunglasses and probably a $75 red light ticket all in just 5 hrs! We still have 2 1/2 days left here! Was trying to post a slideshow of most of the pics taken today but having problems so the one above is my favorite. Did I mention the weather was perfect?