Wednesday, January 14, 2009

God in control

The start of a new year is not very positive for me this year. It means Henry’s one year of being home is coming to an end, and he will be leaving again in a few months. It’s especially on my mind now that they are training like crazy (last week was 5am-9pm every night except Fri when he got home at almost midnight). This week they are in the field, so no contact and climbing into an empty bed alone every night. And of course every night, my thought is “I have 12 months of this to look forward to”. Ugh! The other problem is this thought that has been running through my mind like a broken record, “How many times can we push our luck?” Because this will be the 4th time he’s deployed and so far the worst thing has been this last one when he fell and broke his arm. Well it just hit me, GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL. Our professor at IWU, Dr Martin used to say that if we are true biblical Christians, words such as luck, fortune, chance, etc, cannot be part of our vocabulary. So as I sat here once again thinking “We are pushing our luck”, I realized what I was saying. That God is not in control but luck or chance is. WRONG That is not what has kept Henry safe previously and is not what will in the future! Whew. Can breathe a little easier now. Thankfully God has no limits. No limit on what He can do, to the number of times He will save us, protect us, forgive us..............

And for anybody that says this gets easier….they’re probably lying.

2 comments:

Mrs. Guthrie said...

*sniff* sweetie, I FEEL for you!!!! I'm praying for you guys and you are ABSOLUTELY right!!!!!

Anonymous said...

...and if they're not lying, then something is wrong with their relationship.

good to see you posting, will have to remember to check more often.

and great new year's post. I too have noticed that my vocab could use some decluttering...