Saturday, April 7, 2007

Can it be true??

I have no idea how close this is to really happening or all the details to say with 100% certainty whether this is a good thing or not. But my first reaction is WOOHOO!!! it's about time!
Here's what I'm talking about: "The second phase of work has been completed with environmental samples that would pave the way for a Super Wal-Mart in Wellsville." http://www.wellsvilledaily.com/articles/2007/03/29/news/news01.tx
to read the full story and comments. And I have to agree with a lot of the comments about it being a good thing because Kmart needs competition to make them get their act together.

3 comments:

Bug and Eye said...

I have to agree with you!!
I'm not in that area often, but when I am I'm always frustrated at the drive time to get anywhere!

mira said...

eh...it is inconvenient, but I kind of like the "middle of nowhere" mentality. more cows than people, grow your own produce, and all that.

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Yay for Walmart... After living in the city, I am SO glad to be back in the "country". While it was fantastic to have Krispy Kreme so close by, it wasn't a good enough trade. (Ok, so I liked the beach a ton, but... and I LOVED living in same town as certain best people, but that will be rectified when they come home - I know, not necessarily same town, but close enough.) Anyway, I think Walmart will be a fantastic thing for Wellsville.